Thread: prof de rien
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default prof de rien

Hello all,

I've dropped by "here" many times over the years but never registered or got involved -- not for any particular reason except, perhaps, laziness. I confess, too, that I've burnt out in support groups in the past. But being older {sigh} and wiser {questionably}, I don't think that's an issue anymore.

My list of "haves": CRPS in all limbs and the bottom half of my face, lupus, avascular necrosis, osteomyelitis, adrenal insufficiency, and blah blah blah.

I began subanesthetic ketamine infusions about a month ago but have had no luck with them as yet. I begin the second round of them on Monday and am trying to remain hopeful.

In my working life, I was a French prof -- at university and high school levels. I miss teaching a lot and feel adrift (and guilty) since I had to go on disability, even after all this time.

I spend most of my time turning ADLs into art forms, keeping house, cooking, doing all the domestic stuff that I never valued before. I live with my partner of 20 years and with our current level of three cats (including a young kitten that is pure hell for CRPS). I blog -- it's called "elle est belle la seine la seine elle est belle" published by Blogger/blogspot -- come visit! Like many of you, I'm sure, life has become almost a constant battle against pain.

That's me in a nutshell. So to speak!
Prof de Rien is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote