Thread: Can you?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Sounds like "guilt" talking my friend...part of that "wonderful" package we suvivors get to live with.

Jeffrey Jackson wrote a wonderful little handbook for survivors of suicide and this is what he said about guilt..

"Guilt comes from a mistaken belief that we could have, or should have, prevented the death from happening, or from regret over irreconciled aspects of the relationship. In truth, we all do the best we can given our human shortcomings. We cannot predict the future, nor do we have power over the events in our universe. It is human nature to subconsciously blame oneself rather than accept these truths.

guilt is a big part of it for sure... if i wasn't so spaced or stupid I should have caught the second one... all but did it for him. never thought to ask him... never occured at all.. now i gotta live with that 'wonderful' package as you say... not sure it is always a 'mistaken' belief.. another fine failure on my part i guess.. real winner sometimes.. replay that one over and over and over and over..
Addy (04-09-2011), Alffe (04-10-2011), barbo (04-09-2011), Doody (04-10-2011), ginnie (04-13-2011), wishnomore (04-11-2011)