View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnserror View Post
over and over.. that last conversation sticks in your head.. like it is permanently burned into your brain. so many times i wish i could do that day over, would i have said no? i don't know, he was always "borrowing" stuff, stupid little stuff, never even crossed my mind to ask what for... was just the way he was.. i was just like 'ok', duh... one word, 2 stupid letters, so is no... what could i do? i let him down years ago, i probably could not have said no if i tried...
Rarely in other deaths do we encounter any feelings of responsibility. Diseases, accident, old age...we know instinctively that we cannot cause or control these things. But the suicide survivor - even if they were only on the periphery of the deceased's life - invariably feels that they might have, could have, or should have done something to prevent the suicide. This mistaken assumption is the suicide survivor's greatest enemy.*

dns...should have..could have? My last words to my son Michael, hours before he put that gun in his mouth were..I love you. And he replied, I love you too Mom. It didn't make a bit of difference in his "spontaneity".
He "chose" "reacted" to his life without thinking.....period.

*Jeffrey Jackson A Handbook for Survivors of Suicide

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-10-2011), barbo (04-10-2011), Doody (04-10-2011)