View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there

I am sorry that you are having such a scary time right now. None of us on here are doctors, we can only speak about personal experiences we have had with aneurysms. I had one diagnosed and then clipped several years ago.

I can understand your fear - I was thirteen months knowing I had an aneurysm before my surgery, and the thought that there was a time bomb in my head was terrifying.

Having said that, you have done the right thing and had your pain investigated. It is very scary when you are in pain, but please don't panic - ironically, most aneurysms present without pain until they rupture, apart from a few who have experienced sentinel headaches, most of us are blissfully unaware.

You have had a number of tests, and to my limited knowledge, they should reveal if there is an aneurysm present. Did you have an MRA as well as an MRI? MRI (magnetic resonance imagery) looks at brain tissue, MRA (magnetic resonance angiography) looks at the blood vessels. Your CAT scan should show them as well.

Bottom line is, there are lots of other things that it could be, if your other tests are not conclusive. If you are not happy with your doctor and their findings, then I urge you to get a second opinion.

Let us know how you go, this is very scary and sometimes the monster in the room is more scary than the monster you know.

Regards

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote