View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ask the doctor forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelr10 View Post
Thanks Lindy.
Prior to DBS he was on same amount of sinemet but was taking amantadine and mirapex. We are grateful that he is only on sinemet now but think he should be having more on time with this DBS. He doesn't have tremors he has slow rigidity. My husband has been documenting EVERYTHING the last few days and we will take that with us. When he is on he is "normal". He can walk, talk and feels great. It just doesn't last but a short time. I would love any help from anyone that can give us some guidance. I am not familiar with this website and do not know how to email people directly instead of on the threads.
Oh, I had all but forgotten this resource. There are Ask the Doctor and Ask the Surgical Team on the National PDFo } on the National Parkinson Foundation website forums:

http://forum.parkinson.org/index.php?/index?

Dr. Okun is an expert in the field of PD and on DBS. He might be able to suggest what the problem is or at least share some advice on finding the right person to help you and your hub.

Good luck!

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 04-10-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: duplicate link posted
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote