View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default choosing the sun

I've never been fond of spending time in the sun; was always inside reading a book. My fair skin was easy to burn (I'm always alert to skin cancer), and the only tan I have ever obtained has been on my legs after a long summer of wearing shorts. This is one of many reasons why I loved growing up and living in the green and rainy Pacific Northwest - it's been great for my complexion!

I had my Vitamin D checked for the first time in January - it was a 7 !! (off the charts low). I just finished a three month regimen of 50,000 mg weekly, and will have my blood tested again soon. I'm anxious to get the results!

In the meantime, I have recently embraced the sense/necessity/excitement of returning to the state of my birth, Colorado, to live with family. I am loathe to give up the beautifully cloud-laden home of a lifetime for the harsh, high plains sun - but maybe it will be good for me. I don't plan to avoid the sun by staying inside - just careful covering up so not to burn - in fact, my plans call for living the life of a cowgirl in the saddle, a childhood dream reading all those books finally realized. I don't know how much time I have left to be physically capable of riding a horse, so why not now? The Vitamin D will be a bonus ---

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote