View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No Pete

I did check out the Neuor best as i could. i told them why i was coming and to ask the dr if he would try the mannitol on me, they said he knew of it but had something better...but then when he saw me he wanted to give me cymalta had it didnt work, taking neurotin, doesnt work and then he said something called compezine or something like that..he said it will cut down on the sensitivity of my skin. none of this dealing with inflammation! i called many neuro drs before i settled on him. so even though he was a very nice doctor...i feel like my trip was a waste of time.

you dont understand
i have an insane amount of swelling on my stomach caused my surgeries i had before i knew i had rsd. i have 80lbs of swelling on my abdomen.

it doesnt make sense but prednisone use to help take the swelling off ...then it bacame less effective after the 2nd surgery. i am deformed and its so gross and i could go on but i wont. the article i found on mannitol and i spoke to a person who had used the treatment...all points in the direction that it could help me tremendously. im going to show the article to the pain doctor tomorrow and maybe he will find away to help me.

i will go in with a sunshiny attitude and hope he is compassionate and will listen.
thank you kindly
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
You've got to check a Neuro out before you go. So many of them get into 'that particular business', because they don't 'want to get dirty'.
A good Neuro appt. can hurt. Unless, he's a Ph.d in psych.

Anyway, NO GOOD DOC is going to give you what you come in and ask for! That's vanity!
Jeez, I'm a Master Plumber, and wouldn't dream of going to someone who thought 'they had it figured out' themselves!
What are you paying for?

Let the doc get you started at his/her own speed.
Please!
Then,
Keep closely in touch with him/her.
(if such is set up during the first appt. and it should be)!

So, Take it over again, and have more faith!

NEVER, EVER go to a good, new doctor, without having faith!
I've left lots of clients homes.

What do you expect of a doctor? Be real now.

Just let it happen, and keep in touch.
See, you went in prethought, with what you wanted.
Inflammation?
Aleve, motrin, Advil, Bayer, like that.
Whatever don't hurt your stomach.
(I use Aleve).
Celebrex doesn't work any better for me.

So, keep your mind open. Obviously, I'm not the one to tell you Lori, that you've been done wrong.
I don't think you have.
I think you've found a good Neuro, who will work with you, but, let HIM be in the drivers seat!
WE ARE NOT!
Out Doctor's are!

So, let it be, and trust the man!
I pray you can!

Pete

asb