View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LizaJane,

Hi! I had a fusion in April so we are just a few months apart. My fusion in the lumbar also, L1 to S1. I learned at my last appt, 4 months, that I had not started to fuse. My doc told me that was the reason I was feeling so much pain. I feel I am in worse pain now and not feeling much better. I have not done much in the way of PT. I was waiting for the kiddos to return to school. I do a lot of walking, but that is about it.

I did tell my husband tonight though that I just do not think I am fusing. I have too much pain and too similar to presurgery pain. I still have sciatica, the numbness in my feet has returned, the pain in the legs and feet has returned. I have more back pain now then before the surgery.

I asked what happens if you do not fuse and I was told more surgery. I would not do more surgery. I have decided this is it for me, unless they tell me it is dangerous for me. I have cages and screws and rods as I guess everyone does, but I do not think I could stand the pain again. It was just too horrific.

People tell me it is too early to tell with a surgery this large whether or not it is a success, but I just do not feel differently or better. I am just so disappointed. I had a cervical fusion and that was so different...I felt better immediately, but of course, I am now having problems from that area again as well....I was convinced that would not happen to me...I do not know why, I just thought I would get it fixed and be on my merry way. I thought it was all about attitude...I guess I was wrong...I thought if I smiled all the time it would keep me healthy...I guess not...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!

Last edited by GJZH; 11-05-2006 at 01:44 PM.
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote