View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodKanockers View Post
First thing I heard when i woke up is the surgeon saying he found something really abnormal. He said on the underside of my shoulder blade there was a growth (he's not sure if it was bone or cartilage) sticking out about 1.5 inches. Also, part of my pectoral muscle was hung up on that growth. he said he's never seen that before. when he opened me up he said he saw that muscle in the wrong place. so, he took out the growth and the muscle (he said my normal pec muscle was still in place, this was like an extra muscle???).

anyway, i feel great! recovery so far has been a piece of cake. except for the one sneeze

curious if any of you have heard of a growth like that???
I am so glad that it is healing and the Lazy boy was wonderful for you. I have slept in one now abt 4 years.

The bony growth, not on my wings, but on the hips, weird for sure. I wonder from the years of the cycle, muscle displacment or misplacement caused the bony growth or the other way around?

A lot of people have anomolies, and unless they have surgery it would never be diagx. I am glad that the doc did find your issue, and decided to wait to surgically intervene in the rib area unless he had too.

Keep us updated to see how things are healing. I would even post a thread titled bony growth on wings in case someone in the cyber world of TOS is diagx with something similar or with your symptoms.

OH, my wings did not flare but the hip did, and the growth developed. Not sure the name of it, kind of like a bone spur. I had one in the foot too?
Take care

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-11-2011)