View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 06:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Home on the Range...

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigogo View Post

In the meantime, I have recently embraced the sense/necessity/excitement of returning to the state of my birth, Colorado, to live with family. I am loathe to give up the beautifully cloud-laden home of a lifetime for the harsh, high plains sun - but maybe it will be good for me. I don't plan to avoid the sun by staying inside - just careful covering up so not to burn - in fact, my plans call for living the life of a cowgirl in the saddle, a childhood dream reading all those books finally realized. I don't know how much time I have left to be physically capable of riding a horse, so why not now? The Vitamin D will be a bonus ---
Oh, Carey, if I may be so bold, this would be great for you I think...I used to gallavant around living in various cities, had a few close friends, in the end what I said was independence and solitude, really was lonliness at some level, I never really fit into the norm parents want, the kind where you married at 25 and have 2.5 kids a dog, SUV, and a ticky tacky house. No,not me....I realize I was avoiding feeling like I was disappointing.

Since I have moved and "settled" back in MIchigan I have never felt closer to my family and it actually feels natal and great, not oppressive. Besides who wants to turn away a mom who cooks roast pork, braised beef, and roast turkey for your dinner all in one week?! Not me...especially with a toddler.

You just have to look at perspective...I was stuck gowing up in dank, grey, flat, segregated, pollutes shell of a city (Detroit). My fantasy life has aways been to plant my butt out west...I daydream now about scooping my little guy and driving West until it feels right to stop. Oregon always seemed the goal, but I daresay we would never make it beyond Colorado. You are lucky to call that home turf, embrace it. You'll cherish being close to family again.

I thought you were blogging or tweeting on your horseback riding advnture, update please.

Oh, and keep in mind that MJF noted huge improvement of systems, so we expect a white rat report if not a full blown epidemiological study of some sort. If they don't have enough local PWP, they can start recruiting with me!

Best to you!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote