View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yo artist

how are you? I do agree with you - I never said I thought the doctors were right for suggesting that spread is due to overcompensation. What they said was:

"If you are overcompensating for one side then the other is likely to develop problems as well --> though not necessarily RSD issues - it could be aches and pains/ RSI etc - doesn't mean you have RSD - but many drs believe that this situation makes you MORE PRONE to developing a spread in the RSD - either becuse of a higher risk of injury or because of the simple biomechanics (ok HARD biomechanics).

I can tell when my spread is RSD - it burns like hell, the alloydinia gets really bad and I find the joints contract and I can't move - that's NOT RSI pain or fibro pain - that's RSD. However, there is some proof that if you expect pain to be a certain way then you will percieve it in that way. I remeber when I broke my humerus --> I kept telling the drs my wrist was broken but after x raying and re x raying they discovered it was my humerus - just I'd expected to feel the pain in my wrist - so that's where it is. (shows that proprioception is really important in pain realisation - which might be linked to mirror spread - as mirror therapy i also used).

I think the number of people with worse RSD appears to be increasing - but that might be due to the improvements in accesibility technology. For instance with voice software, I use it, Hope uses it and several others have mentioned they have. If I didn't have that I couldn't bug others to the same degree.

lol oh well - no, I wasn't trying to suggest that if you over compensate on the other side you will develop RSD (well, to be honest, I was so exhusted when I emailed you last it could have said anything!)

Take care my dears!

FRxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx