View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My wife and I both have PD and had DBS, me in 2007 and my wife in 09. We both have had successful experiences and benefited greatly through this cutting edge technology. We also consul people on a regular basis and provide open and honest dialogue on the subject.

That being said, we've read your post and feel one of two thing isn't right. One could be that the Neurosurgeon failed to hit the intended targeted area that would provide optimum benefit or two, your husband has a programming issue. I suspect that perhaps after numerous prog. sessions with the same clinic it would be a disservice for me if I didn't suggest a second opinion. Not having enough information on your geographical location, surgery location, the number of programming sessions since 09 the protocal used and the experience of the Nuerosurgeon.

We'd like to help you but will wait the outcome of your future appointment.

Michael & Gretchen Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelr10 View Post
My husband had DBS surgery in June 2009 for slow rigidity. He has had numerous programming sessions and still isn't doing as well as we had expected. I know the device is working but it is very sporadic. He can be on for 15 minutes and then off...then on for 5 minutes and then off. Sometimes he will be on for an hour for but then off for 4 hours. We think there may be something wrong with the battery, however they keep telling us it is working fine. He takes a 25/100 sinemet every two hours. Has anyone else that has had DBS surgery had this problem? We are going back to Mayo this week for yet another programming session.

Any help would be appreciated.
mjc0827 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (04-12-2011)