View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hang in there Dan

So sorry for what you are going through....

I have a 20 year old daughter. it sucks that you are faced with this are your age. on the other hand, remission is more likely when you are young and when it has been caught early.

the street version of k may not give you the same benefits as the k that's administered by a medical facility. You should be REAL careful thinking that you can duplicate the effects...the dosages need to be titrated at a certain rate over a certain period of time. And side effects can be nasty, I get terribly nauseous without Zofran added to my IV. in addition, the most effective treatments have been demonstrated to be the multiple day protocols. For instance, I started out at 10 days in a row. You really should have good medical care when doing a drug like k for that long...

Most of us have experienced arrogant, egotistical docs who don't listen to us and don't care about our pain. Try to bring someone with you to your appointments for support - a parent or a sibling or a dependable friend.

The RSDSA has a list of pain Mgmt doc on their website. Go to RSDS.org. I really hope you get the help that you need quickly. keep in touch....

Good luck, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote