Thread: prof de rien
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof de Rien View Post
Hello all,

I've dropped by "here" many times over the years but never registered or got involved -- not for any particular reason except, perhaps, laziness. I confess, too, that I've burnt out in support groups in the past. But being older {sigh} and wiser {questionably}, I don't think that's an issue anymore.

My list of "haves": CRPS in all limbs and the bottom half of my face, lupus, avascular necrosis, osteomyelitis, adrenal insufficiency, and blah blah blah.

I began subanesthetic ketamine infusions about a month ago but have had no luck with them as yet. I begin the second round of them on Monday and am trying to remain hopeful.

In my working life, I was a French prof -- at university and high school levels. I miss teaching a lot and feel adrift (and guilty) since I had to go on disability, even after all this time.

I spend most of my time turning ADLs into art forms, keeping house, cooking, doing all the domestic stuff that I never valued before. I live with my partner of 20 years and with our current level of three cats (including a young kitten that is pure hell for CRPS). I blog -- it's called "elle est belle la seine la seine elle est belle" published by Blogger/blogspot -- come visit! Like many of you, I'm sure, life has become almost a constant battle against pain.

That's me in a nutshell. So to speak!
Welcome. Living in pain is overwhelming. I was a teacher of Literacy and also had to stop working due to my back Fusion and lack of mobility. Life has changed its not over. Have you had sorgery or is that not an option for you? Just wanted to say hello and let you knowlife can be lived with pain. Not easy. Welcome. ... Linda
dovecottage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote