View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. I had a block done on January 31st this year and I now have terrible, severe pain in my entire upper body. It has been a nightmare with things just getting worse and worse and worse. We're still looking for other explanations besides a spread of the CRPS...but I am really scared that CRPS may be the explanation for the new pain...especially after so long with no answers yet. But so far I am hoping I have just had incompetant doctors and that there is another explanation besides CRPS spread.

I really wish I had not let this doc convince me that blocks were the answer. I was doing so well before with meds and physical therapy. Not pain free...but functioning. I'm a stubborn person and will do anything that I need to do to keep that function...but this latest stuff has been a major setback. physical therapy was probably the best thing for me...but without the meds I wouldn't have been able to DO the PT. I was on Lyrica, Mobic, Ultram, and Doxepin along with Lidoderm Patches when I was doing well. Even once I 'finished' physical therapy I still continued to do all the exercises every day at home. It was hard...but totally worth it. I got hurt at work when I was 25 (am now 27) and I am not willing to let this thing get the best of me.

I wouldn't continue the blocks if I were you. I would try the meds, physical therapy, and possibly using a TENS unit and see how those treat you. I've heard good things about Ketamine...but haven't tried it myself so I can't really speak to it. There is so much information here on the board and it's been a great resource for me.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote