View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The best suggestion I have is ICE. Yes indeed. Something that simple can make a huge difference. Unfortunately the results don't last that long, but at least it's non-invasive and can make the spasms disapate for a time. Being that it's such an easy thing to do I personally recommend it highly. Just lay down putting the ice on whatever part of your back the spasms are stemming from for about 20 minutes. Hopefully you'll be surprised at the results. Best of luck to you and all of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
Hi all.... I have a follow up with my family doctor on Monday for prescription refills, my biggest issue I have right now is these darn muscle spasm from the neck collar. They are brutal.

Currently I have been taking Norflex (100 mg) as a muscle relaxer to ease the spasms, I was wondering if anyone can offer any other suggestions that may work better. How about anything that works without making you so drowsy (or is that a given since it's a muscle relaxer).

I want to go into my appt. with an idea of what to ask for, my family doctor is usually pretty accomodating when I ask to try new things to get relief. What's worked for others?

Thank you, Cathie
im4dexter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote