View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Amazing success for me...anyone else?

I had the med-tronic spinal cord implant procedures done at the beginning of November 2006. My original injury was a result of an accident where I fractured my L5 and suffered three herniated discs at L3-L4, L4-L5 and L5-S1. After 7 surgeries I was still in a great deal of pain, taking 80-100 mg of oxycontin a day. After the surgery I described to my wife that the sensation was similar to being able to turn off the worst headache with a TV. remote. I hated being on drugs all the time because I felt that I was living in a fog. It has been 4 months now and the only problem that I have is pain where the wires come out of muscles in my back and snake around under the skin to the battery, which is located just under my left rib cage. At times it feels like someone is stabbing me in the back with a pencil. However, this is nothing compared to the pain I use to deal with. I am happy to announce that I only take Tylenol for my aches and pains. The fog has been lifted. My neurosurgeon told me that it will take time for the body to adjust to the foreign objects and to give it time. He also indicated that, for him, there appears to be a correlation between using this implant on patients who suffered trauma compared to people suffering pain as a result of degenerative disc disease. It makes sense to me because if your back parts have progressively gotten worse, who is to say that the implant would make it stop? What’s people’s opinion on this? rcs_kingston@yahoo.ca
stonehouser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote