View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default yes, I use ice everyday too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4dexter View Post
The best suggestion I have is ICE. Yes indeed. Something that simple can make a huge difference. Unfortunately the results don't last that long, but at least it's non-invasive and can make the spasms disapate for a time. Being that it's such an easy thing to do I personally recommend it highly. Just lay down putting the ice on whatever part of your back the spasms are stemming from for about 20 minutes. Hopefully you'll be surprised at the results. Best of luck to you and all of us!
You're right, I spend hours rotating my magic bean bags from the freezer, and I alternate them with heat when the ice isn't cutting it anylonger. It helps for a short while, but in order to put ice or heat I have to take my neck brace off and sit back against pillows (I'm still required to wear my hard collar for at least 3 more weeks - my neuro believes in wearing them from 8-12 weeks). So the ice is great, but sometimes I have to walk around and do stuff too... I have kids, house, hubby, life goes on.

You are right, but I need something that can take the spasms away for sleeping and walking and such. I have found that Flexeril seems to work pretty good if I take it in the early evening (just after making dinner when I'm really getting sore). The spasms are at least held at bay so I can eat with my family, and they don't make me very drowsy which is also nice.

Thanks for your input. Sometimes the simplest things do work best!
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote