View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Don't know yet

Hi there, my name is Jon. To be honest I may not "belong" here as I'm still trying to find out what is going on. My symptoms started about 4 months ago, maybe longer. My legs tingle/buzz constantly from the knees down. It never goes away, though some days are better than others. At first my arms did the same thing from the elbows forward but now it's just mildly in my finger tips.

When it all started getting worse it also included tinnitus (sp?) but that has faded. The main concern though is stumbling. When the symptoms first started I was washing my car and literally fell onto it when my right leg just went away... but those things happen so I wasn't too worried at the time.
But my stumbling seemed to get worse, I usually walk ok forward and backward but any movement sideways causes me to stumble. It's very strange. I feel like I have to concentrate on every step to keep my balance. The neuro had me walk heel to toe and said that there was definitely a problem.... The question is what?

There seems to be some weakness involved. There are days when it takes all my energy and concentration to walk, and I feel like I'm going crazy. I have been forcing myself to go for walks but after a few blocks it's as if I have no energy at all and literally every step is like molasses. But maybe it's nothing and I'm just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So, like I said I may not belong here. They did a neuropathy test but that's ok. They did an MRI and found white patches but that could be other things as well. So they did the evoking tests, but now I am in hurry up and wait mode. In a way I want them to find something because then I won't feel like I'm simply crazy.

Other symptoms, related or otherwise, fatigue and brain fog by about 2 p.m. These symptoms started a long time ago, and in fact led to a diagnosis of low testosterone, but frankly the replacement therapy didn't help. And my sex drive went away almost completely after that. The endo said it had to be depression then, but I knew it wasn't. Add to all this now I have spontaneous crying jags, with very small things triggering them. (But again that could be depression.) And lastly, there have been several episodes where I start to get up but can't, and have to sit down again. There's no warning, I'm half way up and then it's like there's no muscle control and down I go again, and then if I hold onto the table and push up I'm ok.

Soooo, I thought I'd check in with people who have already been through the ringer and may have some insights. I don't expect a medical diagnosis, just curious to see if any of this sounds familiar to anyone.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-14-2011), SallyC (04-12-2011)