View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default works for me

you may want to try trigger point therapy on your muscle, I have had neck pain for 7 months, and now after 2 weeks of intensive trigger point therapy, my neck is great. I was very dubious when I started this, but now I am pretty much sold. at first, it did not help for about 4 days, and then the pain slowly went away ... there is a great book called trigger point therapy workbook by clair davies, very complete. I do the self massage with tennis ball in sock on wall, 6 to 8 times a day. I have also ordered a thera cane.
the best, is the feeling of the muscle relaxing, especially at bed time.
virginie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
Hi all.... I have a follow up with my family doctor on Monday for prescription refills, my biggest issue I have right now is these darn muscle spasm from the neck collar. They are brutal.

Currently I have been taking Norflex (100 mg) as a muscle relaxer to ease the spasms, I was wondering if anyone can offer any other suggestions that may work better. How about anything that works without making you so drowsy (or is that a given since it's a muscle relaxer).

I want to go into my appt. with an idea of what to ask for, my family doctor is usually pretty accomodating when I ask to try new things to get relief. What's worked for others?

Thank you, Cathie
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote