View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedout View Post
Hi everyone. Been really busy so haven't been on much. I really want to work. I was a dog groomer, really good at what I did. I cannot do that anymore since the RSD in my left hand/arm. I have the scs and much of the pain is quited but I still have swelling, some hypersensitivity, difficulty opening my fingers (started ot yesterday for that) and a really bad tremor. What do you tell people? If I am interviewed for a job what would/should and how do I explain my problems to them? I am still on meds (Lyrica, Cymbalta, Mobic plus asthma and allergy meds) and am forgetful and will forget words mid sentence or the right word. I really want life back but what do I do? I am on unemployment, have an A.A.S in early childhood education but don't see how I'll make the money I made before.
Patty
I am working PT and I just tell them the truth. I don't go into a lot of detail. I answer ?'sw/limited info. but I don't lie. Again, it all demends on what kind of job FT or PT. if it's full time then you have to worry about if they are going to cover you for health insurance, they may think you will be a liability. It's hard to judge. In education I know the rules are stricter. Maybe ask a fellow worker you can trust in the same industry and see what they think.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote