View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Rob:

Why not, just to be on the safe side, google "gluten free diet". You'll get a whole bunch of stuff that you should avoid, stuff that you can eat, etc.

At least, that's a start.

PN is no picnic. My hubby has had it for 18 years with no known cause. Only recently, through a spinal tap, did they find protein and his doctor is going about setting up something called IVIG which will replace the autobodies in his immune system (or something like that, I'm still learning).

20 million things can cause PN. Sometimes you find out why (like if you have been diabetic and uncontrolled for a few years, and you develop neuropathy), then YOU KNOW WHY YOU HAVE NEUROPATHY!!! You can also have a pre-diabetic condition, develop neuropathic symtoms and not even be a diabetic yet. See how much I've learned on these boards????

But for the others, well, it's a journey, taking this test and that test, and ruling out stuff. Have you ever had any disc problems, cervical problems, pinched nerve problems??? These too can cause neuropathy!!

Also statins (cholesterol lowering meds) can give you pain in your arms and legs. I had to go off of zocor many months ago because of the muscle pain I developed. I don't eat any meat whatsoever and I literally live on fish, chicken and veggies, produce, etc. Nothing with sugar, as I am diabetic and even though I am now controlled at the age of 59, I have developed neuropathy on the top of my toes. No pain, just numbness.

So please feel that you have come to the right place. We are all a bunch of friendly people here and you'll learn a lot. I know I have. I'm still learning.

Years ago, if you had thrown the words Idiopathic, and IVIG at me, I would have looked at you like you had two heads.

Now I just come on these boards and when I learn some new phrase, I google it up and store it in whatever memory I have left in my 59 year old brain.

Life' a bummer sometims but we thankfully have this terrific board.

I do hope you feel better and again!!!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote