View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much. Also, today, I got some interesting news. I received results of an EMG in my legs I had in March. I haven't talked to the doctor yet, but I picked up the results.

Here's the narrative:
Summary: The nerve conduction study of the above nerves showed prolonged DML right peroneal nerve, decreased amplitude right peroneal at the fibular head, decreased conduction velocity right tibial. The monopolar needle EMG revealed increased in spontaneous activity and positive wave vastus lateralis.

Impression: This is an abnormal study. There is electromyographic evidence of sensory and motor polyneuropathy and possible myopathy. Etiology is yet to be determined. Clinical correlation is required.

I had given up on neurologists over a decade ago when all my test results came back normal. I just started going down the neuro route again recently. 16 years since my symptoms started and I finally get an EMG that shows something. I guess I should still have the skin biopsy too to determine the small fiber nerve aspect of the damage??

Thank you again.
axseptants is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
linda_sd02 (04-14-2011)