View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lor View Post
I take Lamictal & it controls my tonic clonics. I was taking 200mg in the morn for a long time. Plus other meds. Then I started taking 50mg more when I took the 200mg because I still had CPs. It caused diplopia (double vision) so I went to 200mg in morn then 50mg in afternoon plus I still took 200mg at night (then added another 50mg).
I take Zonegran & Lamictal as well for tonic clonic seizures. I am 24 years old and the seizures are pretty well controlled. I enjoy these medications because I have not gained weight as I have with other meds....BUT...My doctor has recently tried increasing dosage on my Zonegran, saying I will adjust to the medication. I can't think or come up with simple words I need to say in conversations. I also have very realistic dreams which are pretty frightening and I think about the dreams the rest of the day. Another weird thing-I have strange flashbacks from my childhood at random times throughout the day.
Sometimes I can't tell if I am losing my memory because of a few seizures, or if the medications are doing this. Probably both...
The depression has kicked in on these meds with this dosage just because I do not feel like myself and I cannot express myself to others. That is my experience with these meds. The only thing anyone can do is talk to their physician and hope there are other options.
-J
zachscellphone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote