View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default There Are Other Options !!

There are other options, you just have to educate yourself and find out which are the therapies that can work for you to improve --- from aromatherapy, nutrition, massage therapy, biofeedback, herbal/homeopathic remedies, body-talk, yoga, neurofeedback, to cognitive behavior therapy. A combination of these techniques will have your seizures reduce so much you will then want also to reduce the medicines that have caused other health concerns such as dyplopia, depression, arthritis, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachscellphone View Post
I take Zonegran & Lamictal as well for tonic clonic seizures. I am 24 years old and the seizures are pretty well controlled. I enjoy these medications because I have not gained weight as I have with other meds....BUT...My doctor has recently tried increasing dosage on my Zonegran, saying I will adjust to the medication. I can't think or come up with simple words I need to say in conversations. I also have very realistic dreams which are pretty frightening and I think about the dreams the rest of the day. Another weird thing-I have strange flashbacks from my childhood at random times throughout the day.
Sometimes I can't tell if I am losing my memory because of a few seizures, or if the medications are doing this. Probably both...
The depression has kicked in on these meds with this dosage just because I do not feel like myself and I cannot express myself to others. That is my experience with these meds. The only thing anyone can do is talk to their physician and hope there are other options.
-J
MrRambo711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote