View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The magnesium in your oxide IS a laxative...you can use it for that. Just don't expect it to help systemically.

I have a magnesium thread here:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

You can get it from food, by choosing wisely.

Magnesium is essential to helping repair nerves.

There are medical studies showing oral B12 works. You are taking a very high amount and only showing 1400 in blood level?

I and another member here using 5mg methyl B12 had readings at the maximum the test reads. (2000 for her and 1999 for me)
Do you have the link for that B12 sublingual claim. I'd like to see it.
Either PM me with the link (you cannot post it yet being a newbie) or give me the exact name of the blog, please?
Potassium is only depleted in those with severe anemia, as new blood cells are made with the B12 to get back to normal levels. There is considerable potassium in red cells. If you were not anemic...your need for potassium is not critical. We all should be eating 4500mg a day in our food, to stay healthy.

The long term use of Prilosec is concerning. There are some reports coming in about long term effects and the heart. I haven't found the papers yet (only a reference to it on a pay for view site so far).

But long term use of Prilosec has been linked to GI infections and lung infections. This is because the acid we normally have in our stomachs, kills off pathogens that may be in our food.
Without this acid those can cause illness. H. pylori for example can flourish in a lowered acid situation. Were you tested for this?

Those night sweats and high CRP levels, may be a sign of infection somewhere. Night sweats are also a sign of Lymphoma, so looking for swollen lymph nodes, might be a good idea.

An active viral situation in the ganglia, might also be your culprit. You can have Herpes simplex and zoster titres drawn to show if they are high. If so a course of antiviral may work. It does for some people with pain, and no skin outbreaks.
You can also try l-lysine in 1 to 2 gram a day amounts to see if that helps. If you see a decrease in pain, that would be your answer. My husband and I both had shingles in the past and we get pain, along our area of outbreak now and then. He just had a recurrance in his back, which went away quickly on the lysine this week. H.Zoster tends to outbreak in Spring for some reason commonly.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote