View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hear you

HI Cathie, you sure looked like you need a break,!!!! my neck was horrible for 6 months with numbness everynight in my arms and hands. sleeping on my back was sore and sleeping on my side too !!! I believe that all was due to very tight muscle pinching the nerves. as all is mostly gone today. I am still working on my leg and calves pain, I think the trigger point therapy only works if you do it yourself many times during the day ( it kind of made my pain a little more the first two days or so, but it felt great to get the area more relaxed. ( so go with the flow) you can put a tennis ball in a sock, ( so the ball does not fall on the floor) and rub against a wall standing up, you can probably start now, just find the sore spot, and go for it.. 6 to 8 times per day, 10 rubbing motion on each spots. sometimes you will find spot that are not hurting till you get the ball over it... it basically breaks down the muscles knot which are full of toxins.. drink lots of water,
( I can't use any meds as my stomach is very delicate and I usually have bad side effect with all the muscle relaxants...ect..) so I am using magnesium mineral oil ( works great) after the last session at night. and take 250 of magnesium, and melatonin for the sleeping at night.
the trapezius are always sore with my neck especially now , iam resuming a lot of activity.. but it feels great at night to get release.
kind regards virginie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
sounds very interesting, I do see a very good massage therapist that works on trigger points, it's been a little less since surgery because she has to have me sit up and wear my neck brace, so I've been saving my remaining coverage. But I like the idea of being able to use a ball at home. I have a small ball given to me by my massage therapist.

I will look into that book, thank you for the tip!!
I'm all for trying non-medicinal ways to treat pain.

Take care, Cathie
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote