View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OK thanks for the magnesium link - lots to review there. I’ll read through and pick a different form. I certainly want to be using something that could help in nerve repair.

My serum B12 test was taken early in my supplementation, before I began the full regimen shown above. I suspect I’d measure much higher today. I wish I’d been tested before beginning any b12 therapy to better assess if a deficiency is truly at the root of my problems. In October, after the onset my burning feet, my overall mood dropped and brain fog set in. I had great difficulty concentrating and spent a lot of time curled up on the sofa in a daze. Sleep was my only refuge. The weekend I stopped the Prilosec, that malaise reversed, and my burning pain lifted. That was the time I became very suspicious of B12.

Since then, I’ve been following the B12 deficiency thread at Wrong Diagnosis dotcom. The thread was launched by Sally Pacholok, who authored “Could it be B12, an Epidemic of Misdiagnosis.” There is a primary, ongoing thread for discussion, as well as a basics thread (like a Sticky). The basics page includes several posts as overview and introduction and covers the sublingual approach and the potassium issue as well. I’ll pm you the links.

I am dismayed at my long term use of the PPI medication, which was deemed safe by my primary as well as the prescribing ENT. I feel certain that it contributed to my current condition. B12 has been my main concern, but as you now suggest I can see where other problems might arise. In November I had an EGD and was tested negative for helicobacter. BTW, once I dropped Prilosec the heartburn began kicking in. However, since completing that detox/cleanse (and adding probiotics), I’ve had zero problems with heartburn.

I am very concerned about the high CRP and night sweats – that just isn’t normal – and so I appreciate your inputs on this. I tend to believe the inflammation and neuropathy go hand-in-hand.

An active viral situation would be another concern. I have no known history of herpes infection or shingles, but did contract chicken pox as a child. I’ll certainly explore it (hope I can get my doc to buy in on the testing).
svguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-13-2011)