View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain and symptoms increasing (and new symptoms)

Hi everyone,

Thought I should touch base a bit and let you all know how I am doing. Always feel bad though complaining about myself and I know all of you are also in pain and have been struggling a lot longer then myself.

Since my last update my pain and symptoms seem to be increasing. The burn now seems a lot worse then it was. Also some days I can't even seem to let my shirt touch my shoulder area with out the burning sensation increasing.

One thing that is happening that is rather strange and new is when my arm is down it gets the white dots almost right away that cover my forearm, but if raise my arm they will go away. Anyone else ever have this? Before the dots/patches seemed to just come and go but now I can almost make them appear. By down I mean by my side when I am standing or on my lap while I am sitting down. As soon as I raise it up with in a little bit they go away.

I am still waiting for my CBT to begin. Workers comp has told me they will pay for the sessions...but who knows what the hold up is. A bit frustrating as I really need something to help me out of this depression I seem to be in.

I go see my doctor next week and I am going to have to tell her that the neurontin is just not for me. I think I gave it a fair shot but I was passing out, had horrible stomach upset and bad mood changes. I tried it for 2 weeks with the side effects not letting up and in fact the mood swings getting worse. Oh and lets not forget how tired it made me! I am hoping the doc will have another suggestion for pain.

Anyone have any suggestions for the dryness of skin? I apply lotion and well it doesn't seem to make a difference. my skin is pale looking and flaky. Ive also noticed on the hand that skin is starting to crack a bit. Any suggestions would be great!

Another new symptom that I seem to be having is muscle spasm. Not like I have had before but where I can visibly see it moving in my arm muscles. With it is a shooting pain almost an electric sensation. It is not happening daily but I have noticed it seems to be increasing lately. Also my 3 fingers on my hand (the 3 that sweat) seem to shake a bit. Not all the time but at times they do. Also sometimes they twitch on their own. Doesn't seem to last longer then a few moments but is something I have not had happen before.

So as always any input would be great. Helps me stay a little sane knowing I am not going through this alone and also your suggestions so far have been great!

Take care all and hope you are all doing well.
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote