View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Neuro-Psych Assessments can vary in results depending on the battery of tests performed. Also, many Neuro-Psychs have a bias in interpreting the results. The raw or percentile scores can have many meanings.

I have researched many of the individual tests and have a pretty good understanding of what they mean.

If you can PM me with the scales/percentile rankings, I will try to explain what she means.

The MMPI-II (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory II ) is often misinterpreted to indicate depression rather than organic brain injury. I have a copy of the research that differentiates between the two diagnoses.

I have had three NP Assessments. Two misinterpreted the MMPI-II, and in exactly the same way. The third did not do the MMPI-II.

In my opinion, NP Assessments are more valuable to help you understand your symptoms that to identify a cause of the symptoms.

Your post confused me when you said <Well I was normal on these parts and quite above normal on all others which indicated some sort of damage to my brain. > Normal and above normal would indicate no problems. Did you mis-state your comment?

<problem with the processing and working-memory> This is very likely indicative of organic injury. It will help to put the Memory scores/percentile ranks in context with the Intelligence scales. I am assuming/hoping you had the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-II (WAIS-II) and Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS). The scores from both will help with understanding the meaning as it pertains to organic brain injury.

If you PM me, I will try to look at it after April 18 or sooner if I get my taxes done.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote