View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much.. if anyone else has anymore insight I would love to hear it. I have been researching as much as I can online but I read so many different things... people saying to do surgery, and those saying not to. I of course with loss of bladder control want surgery and my regular doc says I need it.

I actually meet with my Neuro Surgeon tomorrow. Im excited. His office told me today when I called to get some information that it is possible after the doctor reviews my MRI and sees me that he will schedule surgery for next week.

Im just wondering what type of surgery it will be. A laminectomy/disectomy?? Thats what some others who have had back surgery told me it would probably be. Im also wondering about recovery time. The Army is sending home my hubby for the surgery and to take care of me... Hopefully soon!

The thing is right now Im in what would seem like the most uncomfortable position on my hardwood floor laying on my back with my knees and legs propped up using a cardboard box with a pillow on top, with my computer sitting on my stomach and another pillow under my head. I also just took a 8mg Dilautin about 20 minutes ago and this is the most comfortable I have felt all day.

No one should ever have to live like this. I feel like I should be ina nursing home. 28 years old and going on 70.. I know its just back surgery but it I HOPE is going to save my life.

Shout out to my husband Sgt Brad Vculek, a bad *** soldier in Iraq right now! Im glad babe you joined this site for suppourt. You are wonderful and I can't wait to see your beautiful face. Be safe .. we love you and are so proud of you.
KayeVculek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bunz50 (04-16-2011)