View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hiya Frogga! yes, I did a "really proper" pot of tea the way my English friends taught me! LOOSE leaves (one big spoonful per cup, and one for the "pot"....warm the Procelain tea cup FIRST by pouring hot water in it. When the tea is brewed, add the CREAM and sugar FIRST into the tea-cup, then slowly pour the tea in. All I had on hand was Twinings's English Grey..but it STILL tasted SO much better than a plain old tea bag!

I need to do a little shopping today anyhow, so I will try and get some "variety" of teas (and more flour--I accidently spilt a LOT on the dog....).

I have PLENTY of scones for the next several days! The next batch, I am going to put some diced sharp cheddar cheese in and see what happens!

But, for "High Tea", i would like to try some very simple little "sweets"--somethingthat is easy, like the scone recipe.....ooooh--how are CRUMPETS made? are they very difficult?? Oh, I miss REAL crumpets sooooo much!!! Dripping in butter and JAM---they are TOTALLY different from the "English Muffins" here in the US.---the REAL ones are more cake-like, but still have all the BIG nooks and crannies for catching the melted butter and jam....!

Well, I sure wish i could get back to England, Frogga, et al....I had THE BEST vacations EVER there, especially in the Countryside (Wheatley, outside of Oxford)....warm, lazy summer days..getting lost on the narrow country-roads and looking out for the "road markers"... the Pub Lunches with pate on a slice of bread, with butter, cucumber, thinly sliced onion and tomato...HEAVEN! Oh! and a Mr. Pimm's....!! (That is a drink....but I sure do remember MALCOME..., in SPITE ot the Mr. Pimms!)

Yesterday, after my little "tea", I felt a lot more "energized", yet relaxed...so, there really is something to be said for taking a BREAK from the RSD, so I am going to stick to this "routine", no matter how bad my hands/arms feel (or tea-cups I might break!). It will be fun thinking of what to have wtih the tea, as a special mid-day treat!

So---any and all suggestions WELCOME!! Oh--I need to try my butter-chicken recipe with the Harrods curry again--the recipe is "in my head", so I need to do a "trial", just to make sure it is ok--then I will post that!! YUM--especially on a cold nite....

Congrats on your power wheel-chair, Frogga!!

Cheers!

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote