View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

my son did this. Massachusetts is very aggressive. He got a speeding ticket for going 3 miles over the speed limit on a major highway, and told the cop he couldnt afford to pay it till the first of the month when he got paid. He called when he was ready to pay to make sure where to send it, and "Janet Jones" said to be sure it was mailed out by the 5th. What she didnt say was that SHE must have it on HER desk and be handled by HER on the 5th. He mailed it on the 4th and it reached her on the 6th. she processed it on the 7th, and charged him a late fee. Never told him, or notified him of this fee.

Next time he drove thru Mass they pulled him over for ONE mile over the limit in a school zone, and told him he was not allowed to drive in their state till the fine was paid. It has been a year or so, and the fine keeps acruing penalties in Mass. it went from $10 to $247! He called me from the side of the road because they wouldnt let him drive any further on an expired license. I had to drive to Mass, pick him up, take him to the DMV where he paid the fine, got his receipt and we headed back to his truck to find they were about to TOW IT! We just made it back to the truck to save it from the hook, but had to pay the tow fee for them being called out, even if they had not touched the truck yet. Another $35. They also notified his insurance and he got a raise in rates. Took a year for them to lower it back to pre ticket rates.

Dont mess with the DMV.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-15-2011)