View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks everyone,

Herb, I just wanted to say hi. I just saw this post today.

I wanted to tell you that I go to the Surgeon on the 14th of this month to see him and as far as I know I am good to go. My PCP will take care of setting it after it is installed. He has been councelling me for 8 years and since he has they are going to let him do the fun part.

They sent me a booklet last week of exactly how they install it and what goes on afterward. I gave it to my PCP so he could read it. He is more excited then I am. I'm just getting nervous about it.

I wanted to say also that I have an address here that you can write to and give a statement on why you think Medicare should pay for the VNS. My insurance jumped right on it but I think they are just tired of me getting the government on them all of the time. I have had the Gov and Senator of CO on their buts and the last time was Chaney. He went after them, so they are just fed up with me. LOL

The address is
Attn: Beverly A. Lofton, MHA
REF: NCA for Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Treatment of Resistant Depression
{CAG-00313R}
C1-09-06
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Md.21244

For the whole month of March they are taking letters from people who believe that Medicare should pay for this so anyone who is dealing with depression that meds won't help can write and tell their story and tell why this should be paid for by Medicare.

I am the first in CO. as far as I have been told has been ok'd for it for depression. I am going to write a letter though to help with fighting for it.

I thought this might be a way for you to help your spouse get it paid for by Medicare. If we don't write, we don't fight.

Courious, this info is for you also. thanks for the kind words and please check into it if you are interested in getting it.

Also here is a toll free no of the VNS company. If you ask for a lady named Kathy, she helped me get mine ok'd through the insurance.

That no. is 1-800-332-1375.

I hope no one thinks this is a sales pitch but I honestly do think this is an important issue for anyone dealing with Depression so deep that meds don't do anything for it.

Thanks,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote