View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My ten-year-old son was diagnosed with ADD and started on Vyvanse 30 mg in November 2010. He was titrated up to 50 mg the end of March as it seemed like the 30 mg dose was no longer working. He had severe moods swings almost immediately, irritability, and depression. His doctor switched him to Strattera, which made him DEATHLY ill no matter what time of day he took or or whether or not he took it with food. I stopped it after a few days. The doc now put him back on Vyvanse 30 mg and said to watch for depression and irritability again. If I sense depression then I'm to start him on Zoloft. If this doesn't work, Doc wants to switch him altogether to Concerta. I have to say I'm NOT a big fan of medication, so the decision to medicate my ten-year-old at all was HUGE. I'd like to know if anyone has had the same issues with Vyvanse, and/or have also used Zoloft with it. And I'd love to hear your opinons on switching to Concerta. He does get horrible migraine headaches (hereditary) which he had even before we started the Vyvanse. Any stimulant will make the headaches worse, so he is also being treated with Topomax to try to control the migraines.
NermsMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mom #1 (05-24-2011)