View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Why does yoga help?

Yoga seems to be the only thing that seems to get rid of the pressure feeling / headaches / dizziness and so on and so on symptoms I've had for 7 months with PCS. I can sometimes do other excercise but last week I had to come out of a high impact class because it was way too much for my head.

I am sometimes on the edge of my sanity trying to cope with this condition looking after my 5 and 4 year old children. My husband is often away with work and I am overstretched. Symptoms seems to flare up terribly and last for days on end after a few days of it all being much better. I feel like I have no control over my life and fear making plans in case I don't feel up to them when the day comes.

For example today I had 3 of my daughter's friends over for an easter tea party and afterwards I thought I was going to pass out, my symptoms were so bad.

I've just booked flights for a 7 day yoga holiday. I'm getting anxious about leaving my kids for that long, although their wonderful dad, my wonderful husband, will be with them. Also, is it worse to endulge in a 4 hour flight and the stress of being away? Part of me craves 2 yoga sessions a day, no child care and just going with my own flow.

And yes, getting to my post title, why does yoga help so much?

Best wishes to you all.
Ali B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote