Thread: Do you Hulu?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have newer HD tvs. LCD not LED. They are good quality and will last me for a long time. i have zero desire to upgrade to LED or 3d. that stuff gives me a headache. I do want to install a receiver up on the roof. I have regular HD rabbit ears, but we live in the boonies and cant get a signal here. Even in the camper, I have to raise the antennae to get a signal.

I will admit I have been spoiled. When i first got sick, DH asked what would really help. I said "a movie channel" well, he went over board and got ALL movie channels. We have HBO, Showtime, CINemax, TMC...We dont watch all those! I do like a couple of showtime shows like United states of Tara and Nurse Jackie and the big C. I would miss those, but could watch them on Netflix when they come out. I am paying way too much for Cable/Phone/Internet. Comcast is horrible, but its the only choice out here. No one else offers anything other than dial up internet and I would rather throw out the computer. So, if I cut off the cable and phone (used internet based services) I would save about $150 a month or $1,800 per year. thats a huge savings if you think about a vacation or a cruise for the same money. I am so frugal with everything else I do, and got lazy about TV when I got sick.

I am having a hard time turning over money for a phone that doesnt always work, and for tons of cable channels that we dont watch. When I call the company they have lower packages, but we would get less channels for about the same money. Why would I lose channels only to save $5 ?? I wouldnt. The savings would have to be significant for me to drop down.

I was hoping to run into someone else who had ditched the cable. YEs, Hulu free has ads, and takes it time to load. I do have my old PC hooked to the TV and upgraded it to Windows 7.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-14-2011)