View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heya

Yorkshire pudding is the best! it's pretty similar to pancake (PROPER PANCAKE) mixture... I love toad in the hole - it's great with either normal sausages or veggie sausages...and LOTS of DECENT gravy and vegetables (Steamed prefereably)... cabbage, carrots, brocolli all go great!

How about suggesting some great US recipies? I LOVED squash bread when I lived in the US and have never found a good receipe for it!

What else? Crumptets -- will look up how to make them!

Leah and I have just made a huge spaghetti bolognase sauce - carrots, sweet potatoes, brocolli, aduki beans, pimento beans and lentils, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, red onion and white onion. It looks seriously yum!!!!! (and is easily mashed!). Going to have it with gorgeous whole wheat pasta!! We make a huge one because then it can be re-heated really easily and it works with everything - baked potatoes, new potatoes, rice, pasta even as a form of shepherds pie! so yum.

I am sure I know the type of curry sauce you are talking about - L and I have to visit sainsbury's tomorrow so I will have a search! I'm absoloutly certain I have eaten it before - but will have a looksie for you! If not I will see if there is anything similar!

tea sounds great :P I love tea - at the moment I'm drinking green tea with jasmeine which is awesome! but when it's with scones or high tea it's got to be a decent english tea.. yum! with a tea pot (which always makes tea taste better!).

okydoke - L needs me!

Loads of love and keep up with the cooking - it sounds like you are doing brilliantly with it!

FRxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOOh - pub lunches - they are great!!! or a pub carvery... always good! and pimms! so great! my fave drink at the moment is lime, lemonade and vodka (alcoholic drink obviously!) or sometimes substituting the vodka for archers - it's really refreshing!!!

Planning on making vannila gluten/ dairy/ egg free custard tonight! I reckon if i boil it back and put brown sugar on it it will be similar to creme brulle. Well, that's the hope!

Ohh - do you guys have baked apples? they are the yummies! you take the top of the core of the (cooking... usually bramley) apple out so you have about a 3cm diameter/ deep hole and then stuff it with butter, brown sugar and sultanas. Shove it in the oven for about 10 minutes until the apple has gone soft. Serve. Add custard (lovely thick custard). YUMM and great on a cold windy rainy horrible day!

Wow - it's great to meet other "foodies"...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx