View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praying4u View Post
Hi Karen my name is Susan this is my 1st time posting here. I read your post and you described my right hand. I was diagnosed with RSD in my r.hand in Sept 09, from a simple routine carpal tunnel surgery. My hand and forearm is always bright red and I too get the white dots they just show up whenever, but I did try wht u said and held my ARM down for about 15 seconds and whn I brought it back up like magic it was covered in white blotches. I also get electricity shooting thru ( I call them zingers) my hand shakes and jerks a lot, I can also see the skin moving in and out on its own. My biggest problem is the hot burning pain when its swollen, then as the swelling goes down its replaced by intense cold and stabbing pain. There's no rhyme or reason it does wht it wants when it wants. I have a lot of muscles wasting and weakness, also the back of my hand looks shiny, dry and scaly. No matter how much I lotion up it looks the same. So I said all that to tell u that your not alone,.you have a new friend in Delaware going thru the same weird stuff. I'm always here for any of you. And you are in my prayers.

Susan
Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for your response. As much as I hate the thought someone else is experiencing what I am, it is nice to know I am not alone.
Welcome also to the board. I have found it very helpful to talk to others that can relate to the strange symptoms I seem to be going through.

I am guessing you are probably right handed as I am? I know its been a real challenge for me to learn to do everything with my left hand now instead of my right. Though I do try to use my right hand for small limited tasks, but most of the time its tucked against my body trying to protect it from pain.

My husband and I went out for dinner the other night and I was showing him the white dots/patches and how I can make them appear and disappear. I would put the hand by my side on the booth I was sitting at and then about 20 secs later I would put it up on the table and of course there are those mystery patches/dots! I did this about 5 times and every time they appeared. We took pictures as well, as mine was a work related injury. Also when I saw my neurologist I asked him "what exactly are the white dots/patches that appear on my arm?" His response was "I am not sure the why's you get them, but I can tell you I have seen it in many other patients with CRPS/RSD."

Even though everyone on the board has been so helpful it is nice to talk to someone that can relate to having RSD in your hand/arm. I look forward to talking with you in the future and hearing how you are doing! So please keep posting

Take care,
Your Canadian Friend
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote