View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hi Susan,

My sister Suzy lives in Wyoming Delaware. Near lots of Amish farms... She is a nurse, in the process of becoming a NP, and has helped me learn about RSD and meds and docs, etc quite a bit.

There are some excellent docs in the PA, South Jersey area. Dr Schwartzman at Drexel is the best, but there is a 2-3 year waiting list to get in. You can always make an appt then call for cancellations. dr. Knobler in Fort Washington is highly regarded, see Ain't so Bad Pete's postings for his contact info. and I loved Dr Getson in Marlton, NJ. see the recent ketamine thread for the docs listing and phone numbers, he is on there.

Your best bet is to try to see the very best doc in the field that you can, ASAP. Don't mess around. The sooner you get quality treatment, the better your prognosis.

Take care and keep in touch, Sandy

Thank u Sandy, it was kind of u to reply. I live pretty close to your sister. I'm in Smyrna De and Wyoming is maybe 1/2 hour away. Ive heard of swartzman and his waiting list, problem is PA and NJ is over an hour drive one way. I cannot really drive anymore too much cause my left hand/arm (which is my "good" side) gets burning pain and hand goes numb. I usually get my husband to drive me to DR and injections (35 min drive) but he is disabled too. He had a tumor on his spinal cord which was removed last year but the tumor crushed his static nerve at the nerve root. So now he has burning pain down both legs into feet so he can't sit for long or tolerate long car rides. I'm so thankful for him, he would prob drive me cross country to help me even thou he suffers severe pain. Anyway its nice to have new friends to talk to. It's hard to explain RSD to family cause they never heard of it. My oldest sster did make an effort and researched it on the net so she had a better clue of my problem. But on here u can just start rambling about it and everyone understands and I dnt have to go thru long explanations. This site is a Godsend

Thank u so much
Susan
praying4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote