View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Hi en bloc,

I beleive I had autonomic complicatons with my PN too. But a milder form. I had palpitations and labile BP. Sometimes I would have chills even when it was hot. Too some degree some gastro issues. The problem was that they had put me on so many meds when I got PN, and my lack of experience with meds, I had no idea about sideffects and so forth. I havd significant gastro issues for a year only to find the beta blocker I was using was causing this malfunction. I was also taking mega doses of vitamins which were causing issues too. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I wish you the best.

Aussie
Thanks Aussie,

I have many meds and it can be challenging to find the right combination without making other problems worse. It's very difficult to take meds to keep the BP up, while taking meds to keep the heart rate down, or to keep the coronary arteries out of spasm (some of these meds counteract each other). Like a dog chasing it's tail...LOL This is part of why he feels the ablation is the best move.

The gastroparesis can make for improper absorption of nutrients. Yet taking vitamins and other supplements can upset the stomach when they sit for hours. Sort of a catch 22.

I really thought autonomic dysfunction would be more common, being that it's a part of PN. I guess it goes back to whatever is the underlining cause of the PN.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote