View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi welcome to the boards though I am sorry about your pain. Everyone responds different to meds so for one it may work and another it may not. From what I have noticed and experience myself it usually takes a combo of different types. As for sleep I have horrible sleep issues and have tried multiple meds etc. I would talk to your doctor about meds to aid in sleep. There are some even that help with nerve pain but also with sleep. As for the block I would talk to the doctor who did it. Blocks don't always give an accurate dx of rsd I have heard. Ice is a big no for rsd.I don't even put it on any area of mine rsd or not. That is just my opinion though.
Have you had tests to rule out other conditions then rsd? The person who did the block is he knowledgable about rsd? I think it is very key.
As for shoes that again everyone is different. For me I only wear Nike walking shoes and that is every minute I am on my feet. So for ex if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I have to put shoes on. For some they can't tolerate shoes. Some I do feel is what you get used to. For a long time I could not tolerate socks for ex from the pain but I gradually began to wear them again but I have only a certain type
As for your kids well can you do family therapy? I am not a mom but possibly telling them enough of what you are going through so they can understand you can't do certain things but not so much it sends them in to fear. I think that yes life changes but if you can also find things you can do with them it may help. So if you can't go on an outing may be play a board game at home. Do you have family/friends or a husband to help you? 6 kids being healthy sounds hard but with this really sounds hard. I think reaching out for support and help is very key. Also therapy for yourself. I waited too long with this condition to go back to the psych etc.
Hang in there and hold to hope things can get better. It just takes finding the right treatment for you. If you want an email buddy I am here too.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
6kiddos (04-15-2011)