View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

HBOT at the late time in your progression is odd. The PCS could be a real diagnosis. I would suggest getting check out for neck injuries of any kind. The removal of your face mask at about the same time as removing your regulator could have aggravated a cervical injury from the concussion.

How is your sleeping? Do you feel like you are getting enough rest? Do you feel sleepy during the day? Do you have any weird or stressful dreams?

Flat emotions are not necessarily depression. It is not uncommon with PCS.

Are you on any meds?

I have benefited greatly from myofacial release Physical Therapy. My PT can get the muscles from the shoulder up to stop spasming. A combination of chiropractic with kinesiology and massage also has helped. My shoulder to neck area has been chronic since 2001 when I was injured with a whiplash like injury.

It often requires the patient to become the diagnostician by learning how to describe the symptoms. Vague symptoms lead to vague treatment and shots in the dark by doctors. Download, print out and read the TBI Survival Guide found at www.tbiguide.com It can help you better understand your symptoms.

Neuropsych assessments are not always interpreted correctly when concussion is a possible cause o0f minor deviations from the normal scales. The irregularity of the scales can point toward problems even when the scales are within the normal range. If one scale is in the high end of normal and the other is at the low end of normal, it can possibly indicate concussion. The Trail Making test is a common test with these differentials between the A and B times. The WAIS-II and WMS also can show this discrepancy.

To make matters worse, some neuro-psychs have a bias against organic causes of minor deviations in scores.

More specific information about your symptoms and NP Assessment results could help to offer possibilities.

We are here to help. Let us know what we can do to help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote