View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Rolling Ball

This week I rec'd my Tens Unit in the mail. The PT recommended a unit, but stated that I needed a script from my OSS. My OSS worked with me and my insurance company. Both the PT and OSS have a relationship with the durable medical aspect of my insurance company and recommended the same unit by the same company. I was 100% covered by insurance. No copay or out of packet expense. I can use AA batteries, but I called the company to request a battery charger with rechargeable batteries similar to the cervical stim that i wear 4 h ours a day. I brought the unit to PT and they set it up and had me use it in the office to make sure I was comfortable with it. They also said that if I ever have any concerns to bring it back whether or not I have an appointment and they would help me out. They were very helpful.
My PT also told me about using a racquetball and placing it on a wall and rolling it around my shoulders, and back to relieve the uncomfortable feeling of spasms and knots. It seems helpful for the short term.

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote