Thread: Same old song
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

its so hard to live within our means. Whether that is financial, emotional, spiritual or bodily issues. I dont want headaches, but there they are. I cant see, focus or concentrate, and yet I have 3 folks show up the same day with computers that need to be fixed. its been a learning journey to say "im sorry, I cant help you." I felt like I was letting them all down, and where else would they get free or extremely low cost help?

Perhaps you can confide in the pastor and ask for some helpful suggestions. I have made a joke of telling folks that I am completely unreliable. Today I may be able to make my own lunch but I never know what tomorrow will bring. it may bring me a day that I cant tie my own shoes, so im sorry, but you simply cant count on me. If they get pushy or start showing their desperation I say "look, I feel bad enough to say no, and guilting me only makes it worse. im sorry, but I have to stick by my orginal no, but thanks for thinking of me."

I hope you are able to find some easy answers to give folks that explain that you cannot do it, without revealing too many details about why.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-16-2011), hollym (04-16-2011), SallyC (04-16-2011)