View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD or Fibromyalgia?

Well, I saw my primary care doctor yesterday, and she is questioning the diagnosis of RSD now. She is sending me to a rheumatologist, and would prefer that I go to the Mayo Clinic as opposed to the Cleveland Clinic. I sent an email to my Nurse Case Manager to get her thoughts on this.

I am almost done with my 6 weeks of therapy. It has really been hell. I don't see an improvement. The only thing I really noticed was that after using a walker for almost a month now, it does make getting around a bit easier. When I don't use my walker though, I think I am more unstable then before. I hope its just a different feeling and I'll get used to it soon.

It is so weird, but we never got to the "water/pool" portion of the physical therapy. Previously, I had a doctor write out a prescription for water/pool therapy, but never got to that point either (I had to go in for surgery). The therapist is checking with the pain management doctor to see if he wants to continue with therapy, to start the water/pool part or if he wants me to see first in May.

I just realized that April is almost over. Another month of my life has gone by, and my time has consisted of therapy appointments and doctor appointments. I want to have fun. I want to laugh. I want to enjoy being outside, I want to be human. I guess I just continue following the path the doctors are recommending, hoping that there is an answer somewhere.

So, is there a noticable difference between RSD and Fibromyalgia? Is it possible to be suffering from both? I hope the rheumatologist is someone that might help, or even offer a true diagnosis. I hope that she isn't just another appointment to pass a few more hours of my life.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote