Thread: Do you Hulu?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Dej - We don't have cable. But, sometimes there isn't much to watch on regular tv. We thought of getting cable but it is expensive and we really would only watch a few of the stations. It just wasn't worth it.

I did some research and ended up buying a Roku. It was much cheaper than buying a Wii or Xbox or Playstation. We love it. We can watch not only what's on Netflix (we got a subscription to that) but we can rent movies/tv shows through Amazon. We can also Hulu through it as well, I just happened to do Netflix as I didn't know you could do that with Hulu until I got the Roku and saw that you need a subscription for Hulu Plus (or Pro, can't remember). They have lots of other channels as well, some you need a subscription to and some you don't.

Like the Wii, Xbox, and Playstation, you need a wireless router in your house for the Roku as well.

For $70 this has been such a great thing for us. We can always find something on there. Plus, $70 is almost what a month of cable would be. We can watch the shows and movies that interest us.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote