View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dude. Sorry about ur doctor. He has no clue what he is talking about. RSD is sooo real. I'd like to see him live 5 minutes with it and tell you that it is all in your mind.

I have to admit, some of it is mental. For example, if someone comes near you, you cringe because you don't want them to touch you in fear of more pain. That is mental in a way, but the result of them touching you is very real. And sure, stress might make RSD seem worse, but it is definetly 100% not the cause. I have never been a stressful person and I got RSD.

And RSD is neurological. Don't listen to that doctor. I also agree that you need to get a new doctor that knows what RSD is. He sounds like a doctor that I had. My foot swelled up 4 times it's size (not directly from RSD, it was a bad reaction to a vasodiolater cream for foot to help with circulation issues with RSD) and she said it was just a rash when my foot was black, blue, purple, red, and other pretty colors. I'm only 15 and I could tell it was NOT a rash. And guess what, it wasn't! But get a new doctor ASAP.

Good luck
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote