View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

1000 is not that high. But Lamisil oral may be affecting your liver, and hampering storage there.

My B12 with no supplements when tested a few years ago was 849. It is now at 1999 (the testing maximum). Probably higher than that. I am testing out the new methylB12 at Puritan's Pride, before recommending it. Also starting metformin again, which depletes this.

High B12 when no supplements have been used at all...is not common. It might reflect some blood diseases, or kidney failure.
Some dysbiosis in the intestines by bacteria may increase B12 because bacteria synthesize this vitamin.

Here is a monograph for Lamisil oral: hepatotoxic!
http://www.rxlist.com/lamisil-drug.htm
Click on the precautions and side effects section to read in full.

I would seriously discuss whether you need this drug "long term". It is not frequently used anymore because of its toxic potential.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote