View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Opioid antagonists (DM) vs Mirapex?

Over the past week, all this discussion on DM has caused me to search the web for more info after I learned that DM and LDN are dopamine agonists as well as opioid agonists. According to the people who have done the research on DM and LDN (Dr's Bihari, Zagon, Hong), these drugs are neuro protective at very low doses, to use them at high doses negates their effectivness or worse.

My question is, would Mirapex at it's normal dosage override or defeat the low dose protection of DM or LDN since it is also a dopamine agonist? I did a search on "Pramipexole (mirapex) opioid antagonists" and did not come up with a match (that's good?) since I think DM and LDN work thru the opioid receptors for neuro protection. Since I take Mirapex, I wonder if it effects or negates the LDN I also take. If anyone works in this area, your comment would be appreciated.

As far as DM being addictive at only a half or one teaspoon a day, I'd be very surprised. I wouldn't think you'd feel a thing. In this case, a small dose is better then a big one.
Ashley
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote